Workshop on Scientometric Studies related to the Biomedical Sciences
Havana City, Cuba, 28th June to July 1st, 2010.
First Call for Papers
The National Center for Scientific Research (CNIC) is pleased to invite you to participate at the 15th International Scientific Congress which will take place from June 28th through July 1st, 2010, at the International Convention Center, in Havana, Cuba, in the framework of the 45th Anniversary of our Center’s foundation.
During the congress, our Network of Scientometric Studies for Higher Education (REDEC) will organize the 1st International Workshop on Scientometric Studies related to the Biomedical Sciences, sponsored by the Cuban Ministry of Higher Education (MES), the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI), and the Alpha Institute of Biomedical Sciences (AIBS, Greece).
The main objective of the workshop will be the presentation of national and international experiences in the use and validation of scientometric indicators and techniques of bibliometric mapping for the analysis of biomedical domains.
Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Scientometric analysis of the health sector: global and regional experiences
- Research assessments in the Health Sciences: a bibliometric perspective.
- Bibliometric indicators for the evaluation of scientific performances: useand abuse.
- Bibliometric mapping of biomedical domains: from scientometrics to scientography.
Once accepted, the full text of papers must be sent in pdf format for its inclusionin the Congress Proceedings. Abstracts, as well as any information requests or questions related to the workshop, must be sent to the following e-mail addresses:
- title of the paper
- name and institutional affiliation of the author(s)
- a structured abstract (no more than 500 words)
- from three to five keywords
- postal address and e-mail of the first author
firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
To obtain more information about the 15th International Scientific Congress of CNIC, please link to the following website: http://www.cnic.edu.cu/15CongresoIngles.html
Closing Date for Abstract Submission: 1 December 2009
Notification of Acceptance: 31 January 2010
Closing Date for Full Paper Submission: 1 April 2010
- Dr. Blanca R. Hung Llamos (Cuba). Excecutive Secretary of the XV Congress of National Scientific Research Center.
- MSc. Ricardo Arencibia Jorge (Cuba). Coordinator of the Workshop.
- MSc. Juan A. Araujo Ruiz (Cuba).
- Dr. Ronald Rousseau (Belgium)
- Dr. Raúl G. Torricella Morales (Cuba)
- Dr. Matthew E. Falagas (Greece)
- MSc. María V. Guzmán Sánchez (Cuba)
- Dr. Félix de Moya Anegón (Spain)
- Dr. Alberto J. Dorta Contreras (Cuba)
- Dr. Humberto Carrillo Calvet (Mexico)
Friendly greetings from Havana,
MSc. Ricardo Arencibia Jorge. Coordinator of the Workshop.
Network of Scientometric Studies for Higher Education
National Scientific Research Center, Havana City, Cuba.